Monday, February 23, 2009

Quizlet

Just wanted to share quickly a site called quizlet.com. My boss passed this on to me as a useful tool for our APT tutors at the Learning Center on campus. I haven't had too much time to explore it, but it looks like it can be beneficial (with appropriate teacher screening - checking the validity of the flashcards) for some students. Let me know what you think! When I get a chance to explore it and the way the Learning Center plans on using it I will let you all know.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the website! I played around and studied food vocabulary words for 7th grade Spanish. I would take a little bit of time to create flashcards, but once you do it they are saved. Students in your class could go to the site at home and study vocab, with no excuse that they lost there flash cards. Good site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this site, I think that site is very useful, and I agree once you make a set of flash cards you have them saved you can keep them for your classes. Flashcards a great tool to help children study. I remember using them and they helpd me for tests/quizes a great deal. I could put whatever helped me remember that specific topic in the words that helped me remember. I def. would like to see how the learning center uses it as well for some more ideas.

    ReplyDelete